Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Italian Osteria X on Crawford Lane, Singapore

Bologna Spaghetti

Across the way from Tai Hwa Pork Noodle is a little one-man shop called Italian Osteria X (463 Crawford Lane #01-09, 9832-7515). Yep, you read that right. It's a one-man shop. He runs the front of the house, the back of the house, and everything else under the roof. He's a CIA grad who has put in time in a Michelin-starred kitchen too. And he's only open in the evenings.

The menu is naturally very short, with just a few pizzas and pastas. I went for the bolognese above, which was mildly spicy, and with the added surprise of crispy pork rinds. I ate it all, but I can't help but wonder if I would've been happier at Tipo down the street. Either way, I would like to come back to try his pizza, which in retrospect seemed like the thing to get here.

No comments: