Sunday, January 19, 2020

My Own Little Dark Chocolate Shootout

My Own Little Dark Chocolate Shootout

This is really just for my own records than anything, as I've been trying out a variety of dark chocolates lately. So here are notes to myself on the ones that I should buy again versus the ones that I should avoid. The björnsted 85% on the left definitely falls into the latter; I don't know why, but it tasted oddly saccharine and chemical-like, even though the ingredients all looked fine. The Cachet 85% was much better, even if it had a bit of a citrus aftertaste.

My favorites are still in the middle with the two Lindt bars. The 99% in particular was awesome in how it let the nuttiness of the cocoa shine though, while the minimal amount of milk and sugar in the 90% was good too. For the 100% bars on the right, the good thing was that the Stella was not as acidic as Marou from Vietnam. I liked the Ghiradelli bar better than the Stella, but maybe I should do a head-to-head comparison with Montezuma soon.

1 comment:

Cara said...

You should definitely try Marou chocolate bars- can be found in Little Farms! Best I’ve had