Sunday, January 19, 2020

Ryan's Grocery (and Kitchen) at Great World, Singapore

Ryan's Burger

An upscale grocery store from the Bukit Timah area has opened an outlet at the newly revamped Great World (1 Kim Seng Promenade #B1-146, 6767-3393). It's basically a butcher (with some awesome-looking slabs of beef dry aging behind the glass) that has a restaurant attached for you to consume steaks on the spot. But those were a bit pricey, so I went for their namesake burger instead.

Good news: the beef tasted great, and it was more or less garnished just the way I like it, keeping it simple with just lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayo. My only gripe was the beetroot relish, but fortunately it didn't overpower it all, even if it did make the beef a bit harder to taste. Next time I come back for this, I'm asking them to keep the relish on the side.

No comments: