Thursday, January 23, 2020

Chongqing's Xiao Bin Lou at Jewel Changi Airport

Jelly Noodles and Bean Curd Skin with Onion

This chain from Chongqing is one of those places at Jewel that I've wanted to go to from day one, but only now had a chance to go (78 Airport Boulevard #02-208, 6970-0016). I grabbed the liangfen above, which was sweeter than I prefer, but I really liked the tofu skin behind it, which was not only seasoned just right, but also had a wonderful texture to it.

They also suggested that I order a bowl of their chicken soup, which went for a whopping S$15.80 (US$11.70). It was expensive considering that it was only a single serving, but the mushrooms and peppercorns made it deliciously savory...so much that I was practically licking the bowl clean. Like that milkshake in Pulp Fiction, I don't know if it was worth the money, but it was pretty darned good.

No comments: