Friday, December 13, 2019

Century Egg with Chili from Dongbei Dachuan, Singapore

Spicy Century Egg

Admittedly, I am not sure of the exact address of this place, as I didn't grab the details before leaving. But it's one of the many Chinese places along the east side of New Bridge Road, and one of the first ones that you pass when walking north from Kreta Ayer. And that's basically how we landed here: after many more drinks tonight, I wanted some post-drinking chuanr, and this place serves it. Curiously though, the chuanr were laced in a mildly sweet sauce, and thus weren't quite what I was looking for. But those century egg slices above were awesome, going perfectly well with those fresh chili pepper slices and soy sauce, not to mention some cold suds to wash it down. Delicious!

Update: the address is 197 New Bridge Road, right next door to another restaurant called Oriental Chinese. In fact, I think it might be run by the same people.

No comments: