Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Japan's Trattoria Pizzeria LOGIC in Tanjong Pagar, Singapore

Pizza Margherita D.O.C.

This name of this place may sound very odd, but it's a restaurant from Japan that specializes in Naples-style pizza (20 Craig Road #01-03, 6226-2250). Wait, a Japanese chef that does Neapolitan pizza?? That sounds a lot like Pizzeria L'Operetta, right? Indeed, I was very excited to see how it compared to one of my all-time faves.

It's definitely more upscale, with a wider menu of pastas and sides available too. But I was after one thing: their Pizza Margherita D.O.C. above, which at S$26 (US$19) was S$8 (US$6) more than the regular (read: non-bufala) margherita. Yes, the quality of the toppings was excellent, particularly the deliciously savory tomatoes, as well as the rich cheese and fragrant basil.

But the crust was more dry than it was chewy, reminding me a bit of Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix. That being the case, I'd rather go to L'Operetta. But I suspect that this will make for a convenient business lunch one day. I should also take advantage of their opening special where one can get that same pizza above for just S$9.90 (US$7.20) as long as one sits at the bar at dinner time and orders a drink.

No comments: