Thursday, October 17, 2019

Fresh Avocado Ramen From Men House Yamamoto

Fresh Avocado Ramen

The Hototogisu guy is at at again, opening up another shop at Raffles City this time (252 North Bridge Road #B1-44C, 6254-9713), just across the street from his original CHIJMES outlet. But this time, he named the shop after himself, even if he was still using the same bowls.

The top of the menu featured truffle and porcini concoctions, but I was after the item toward the end of the menu: fresh avocado ramen. Yes, it was hot. Avocado and soy milk formed a smooth broth, and it was better than I was expecting, especially when paired with those firm noodles.

I enjoyed this bowl except for one thing: the simmered tofu on the left. They should provide a non-vegetarian option by allowing one to substitute the tofu for chashu. They also have that salmon bowl here; maybe I'll come back to save me the trip of going all the way out to Jewel.

No comments: