Friday, September 20, 2019

Diandude (Dian Dou De) in Guangzhou, China

Dim Sum

I was very curious to see if the dim sum up here in Guangzhou was different from how they do it in Hong Kong. So I went to an outlet of this old local chain this morning, and they immediately started with your choice of tea, done kungfu style. I naturally followed that with a basket of hargow, whose skin was unexpectedly thick, but in a chewy way, making it kinda fun.

Those brown things above were changfen, but using red rice, which one could argue made it a little healthier, putting aside the fact that there was a greasy youtiao shoved inside. I also had some duck congee, which was surprisingly mild. I'm not sure if other shops around town do these the same way, but I'm glad that I came here to try them.

No comments: