Thursday, July 11, 2019

Guangzhou's Yin Ji at Far East Square, Singapore

Tender Beef Egg Roll

It turns out that the shop next door to Chao Ting is actually a changfen and congee chain from Guangzhou (133 Amoy Street #01-01, 6443-3875). I thus came here for lunch today, starting with that beef changfen above. Unlike what you'd typically get in Hong Kong or Malaysia, this one featured ingredients like egg and green veggies inside. It didn't really make that much difference in the taste, but I still ate it quickly.

Century Egg & Pork Congee

I was still hungry though, so I also went for a bowl of porridge, especially since the size was pretty small. The rice grains were nicely pulverized, and the variety of ingredients in there made it easy to eat. But just as with the changfen above, it wasn't anything so unique that I'll be running back for it either. I'd much rather go to Mui Kee instead.

No comments: