Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Menya Kokoro's Yuzu Pork Hiyashi in Tanjong Pagar

Yuzu Menya Pork Hiyashi

I'm a fan of the mazesoba at Menya Kokoro. But the reason why I like it is the exact same reason why I haven't gone back: green onions. Yep, it tastes delicious, but no one wants to be near me within a twenty foot radius afterwards.

So I was delighted to find that their new 100AM outlet (100 Tras Street #02-10, 6443-1727) has a few new menu items like this yuzu hiyashi, which wasn't garnished with chopped green onions like the mazesoba. The noodles were impressively firm, and the taste was balanced nicely.

There was one problem though: it turned out that there were still green onions in there, but they were julienned rather than chopped. They weren't as potent, but it was still obvious that I had eaten onions for lunch (yes, I know that I can remove them, but then it just doesn't taste as good!). So no, I am not going back.

No comments: