Saturday, July 20, 2019

First Class Taste Salt Baked Kampong Chicken

First Class Taste Salt Baked Kampong Chicken

Do you remember that place Chakey's with their delicious salt baked chicken? It turns out that they shut down about a year or two ago. Fortunately, there is another shop that makes salt baked chicken called First Class Taste, and they were selling them at a small food expo today. We picked up one to eat for dinner tonight.

It might look a bit off-putting in the photo, but I was happy with it. This kampong chicken was rather small, and the white meat was a bit tough, but there was still some tasty fat in there. It was pleasantly salty; I don't remember Chakey's being this salty, although it's been so long that I could be wrong.

It was also laced with traditional Chinese herbs (ginseng, I think). Normally I'd shy away from that, but this was delicate, and the taste has grown on me too. I happily consumed it down to the bone, and even mopped up the juice with some carbs afterwards.

No comments: