Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Chuan Yang Ji Mutton Soup Steamboat in Singapore

Lamb Hotpot Set

I'm not sure how I never knew about these guys, but it's a local chain of lamb hotpot places started by some folks from Sichuan. I just happened to walk by their Chinatown outlet tonight (211 South Bridge Road, 6909-6887) when I noticed all of their emphasis on lamb. Specifically, they use New Zealand lamb, and fortunately, they had a reasonably-priced one-person set.

Yes, I liked it, especially since the white broth was delicate without being excessive (i.e., you knew it was lamb, but it was polished enough that it wasn't too stanky nor crude). Their house spice mixture went nicely with it all, and they even offered chuanr if you wanted it too. I haven't eaten at Xiaoweiyang enough to do a proper comparison, but this was good enough for me.

No comments: