Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Osaka's Chojiro at Gochi Church Street Japan Kitchen

Whelk with Charred Soy Sauce

The other restaurant that I wanted to check out at Gochi was this kaiten sushi chain from Osaka (23 Church Street #01-02, 6226-1271). The selection didn't stand out much at first glance, but I uncovered a few finds in there, like a deep fried eggplant, some kani miso gunkan, as well as some grilled mushrooms that were laced with butter.

The prices can add up quickly to nearly triple digits if one isn't careful, but fortunately with some discipline, I was able to get a half-decent meal for just S$20 (US$15). The other trick that I need to remember is to get here right when they open at 11:30 AM; at that hour, they haven't loaded the conveyor belt yet and thus everything is made to order. It was so fast that I was in and out of here in twenty minutes.

No comments: