Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Peppermill Restaurant and Fireside Lounge in Las Vegas

Peppermill Burger

Last time I was in Vegas, I had more trouble than I thought I would in finding local restaurants. So tonight, I went to Peppermill (2985 South Las Vegas Boulevard, 702-735-7635), a Nevada establishment with a distinctly tacky and dated décor. I got their namesake burger, which was done on sourdough bread rather than your typical bun. I appreciated the simple approach to it, but it was also disappointingly dry. Too bad that they don't serve prime rib here.

Epilogue: I stopped at Tacos El Gordo on my way back (they've moved to the next building over). My tripas tacos were also on the dry side, as they fried the tripe to the point where is was crunchy rather than crispy. The tortillas weren't that great either. This evening was kind of a letdown.

1 comment:

Crushabet said...

Not sure what you mean by "local", but in any case arguably the best food, and certainly the best food for the dollar, is off the Strip, and Vegas is compact enough that you can get to pretty much anywhere in a 15-20 min cab ride.