Friday, March 22, 2019

Teochew Meatball Soup from Fei Siong's EAT.

Teochew Meatball Soup

I don't mind the simplicity and affordability of the noodles at this chain (and in fact rather enjoy eating at its corporate relatives 85 Redhill, Nam Kee Pau, and Tang's Market). But this is the second time that I mistakenly ordered this dish and regretted it.

See, when I hear the term "Teochew Meatballs," I immediately think of those wonderfully savory and hand-beaten firm beef balls from Chaoshan. But these things are nothing like it, nor are they like the stanky meatballs that places like Tai Hwa use.

These pork-based balls are very neutral in taste, albeit with some interesting variation in texture. I must remember not to order this again, but instead maybe stick to their shrimp dumplings, fishball, or minced meat noodles instead.

No comments: