Friday, March 01, 2019

Fried Eggs With Wild Mushrooms at El Quim in Barcelona

Fried Eggs With Assorted Wild Mushrooms

Time for breakfast at El Quim! Ever since my first visit here, I've always wanted to try those lovely mushrooms perched up on the counter, as I figured that it would have a deliciously umami taste. I was thus a bit surprised to find on my first bite that it was sweet (I presume they threw some sugar in the pan to help caramelize it and give it some crispiness?).

Actually, the savory-sweet taste was good, and I still wolfed it all down quickly, mopping up the remains with some wonderfully airy and crispy bread. But I wouldn't have ordered it had I known that it was going to be sweet. Next time I should remember to try the baby squid with leeks (or ham, or crispy vegetables), and maybe the artichoke chips.

No comments: