Thursday, February 28, 2019

Tapas 24 in Barcelona, Spain

Erizo Del Mar Gratinado

A lot of the tapas bars around here (that aren't tourist traps at least) are closed from 4-8 PM. So I was delighted to find out that this little place from a Michelin-starred chef (269 Carrer de la Diputació, 934-880977) powered on through the afternoon into the evening. I came straight here for a few snacks and drinks to hold me over until dinner.

Two things that I gravitated to right away were the fried artichokes as well as the sea urchin, the latter of which was done au gratin! Yep, there was a thin cheese baked into these guys. Scooping into them with a spoon yielded a mixture of cheese and the mildly sweet and rich gonads. Hell yeah, this is what makes Barcelona so awesome.

I needed a bit more though, so I grabbed their "Mc Foie Burguer." It was more like a small deep-fried roujiamo than it was a burger, but nonetheless came with a foie gras spread and was fun to eat. Yay, I was happy, and need to remember to come here again next time I need a bite at 4 PM.

No comments: