Friday, February 01, 2019

Hung's Delicacies at Hong Kong Airport Terminal 2

Sliced Goose and Ah Hung's Mixed Noodles in XO Sauce

I'm flying out of Hong Kong Terminal 2 tonight, so I checked online to see if there were anything interesting to eat on this side. Lo and behold, there was a Michelin-starred Chiuchow place, so I sat down and got their signature goose and some noodles.

I went in with the wrong expectations though, as I was thinking of Cantonese goose, not Teochew. I was hoping for roasted skin and fat, but instead this emphasized the meat. Well, some of the saltier parts of the meat were fine, and the vinegar dip and firm egg noodles helped. But there was none of that salty grey fat sauce that I love so much.

If no one had told me that this was a Michelin-starred place, I never would've guessed (fine, I guess the airport location isn't exactly the Michelin winner). Actually, the thing that got me the most excited was the surprise appearance of porcelain beer bowls. Where do I buy myself a set of them??

No comments: