Sunday, January 06, 2019

The Beyond Burger by Beyond Meat

The Beyond Burger by Beyond Meat

I've eaten too much beef on this trip. So I figured, why not give Beyond Meat a try? It was better than I had expected. Granted, that might've been because my experience with Impossible Burger was disappointing, but they got the texture almost right, unlike the unnaturally tender feeling that I got from Impossible Burger. Well, OK, the patty was oddly crumbly when you picked at it with a fork, but who's checking?

How about the taste? It definitely wasn't beef, but it didn't taste like a veggie burger either. It was like a very mild form of pork and chicken with a slightly synthetic aftertaste. I didn't mind though, as it was moist (there's a lot of oil in this thing). Well, I should give Impossible Burger another try, hopefully without all the bun and condiments covering it up.

No comments: