Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Guo Se Tian Xiang at 100 AM, Singapore

Steamed Fish Head with Homemade Chili

I'm not sure if this is a chain from China, but I've always been very curious about this little Hunan restaurant that has taken over Na Na Curry's former spot at 100 AM (100 Tras Street #02-14, 6538-3371). I once had a small lunch set here that was fine, but I wanted to come back today for their signature fish head above.

Unfortunately, it didn't quite look like the pictures in the menu. The fish head was huge, and wasn't a particularly tasty one at that. I guess that didn't matter when it was supposed to be covered in chili, but there wasn't as much chili was depicted on the menu either.

Well, it was still decently spicy, but I prefer the punchiness of Chongqing grilled fish instead, even if this steamed one was clearly healthier. I'll come back to try some kind of sour noodle that I saw on the menu either way.

No comments: