Sunday, December 02, 2018

New Tung Kee Noodle House in San Jose, California

Small #2

This Tung Kee network couldn't be more confusing. We came to their downtown San Jose location (264 East Santa Clara Street, 408-289-8688) on the understanding that it was a Luu New Tung Kee, and hence would garnish my favorite #2 with basil. But when it came out, there was no basil to be seen. Granted, I was happy with all of the cilantro, but the little things just didn't seem right, especially given how crudely they cut the cucumbers.

I was puzzled, as there was signage inside of the restaurant that said it was Luu New Tung Kee. But I assume that it was an old sign, as they ultimately seemed to go by just New Tung Kee instead. I guess somehow they split off from the Luu folks? I'll have to go to Luu's Milpitas location one day to verify if they put basil in their bowl; otherwise, I'm just going to have to make the trek to Mountain View.

No comments: