Friday, December 21, 2018

Ginger Shots from Real Roots in Colorado

Pineapple Ginger Shots

I'm not sure if I've ever talked about this much, but I loooooove raw ginger. I love having a sizeable amount of it blended into my fruit juice to give it a spicy kick. So when I randomly saw these little bottles from Colorado in the refrigerated drink section today, I had to check it out.

It was strong; much stronger than I was expecting. Normally with juice blends that feature ginger, I find that they skimp on the ginger, and I expected this one to be more pineapple-heavy. It wasn't. It was mostly ginger, and in a good way as it really packed a punch.

Granted, it was so strong that it's not something that I would reach for every day. But it was a good pick-me-up, and I wish that more juice vendors would crank up the ginger rather than leaning so hard on sweet fillers like apple juice and bananas.

No comments: