Monday, October 01, 2018

Beef Sukiyaki Don Keisuke in Tanjong Pagar, Singapore

Beef Sukiyaki Don

Keisuke has opened a small sukiyaki don restaurant at the oddly-named Onze @ Tanjong Pagar condo (11 Kee Seng Street #01-01, 6535-1129). The decor is strikingly beautiful and elegant; it looks oddly upscale for a place whose meals start at just S$13.90 (US$10.15).

But sukiyaki has never really been my kind of thing. And perhaps not surprisingly, I didn't really like what I ordered either, as I could hardly taste the beef. Granted, I went for the cheap bowl, but I wasn't in any mood to pay for the pricier wagyu version.

Well, maybe one day I'll come back to try it, but it won't be anytime soon, especially since one leaves this place smelling like grease. As pretty as the venue was, he really needs to do something about the ventilation in his non-ramen places.

No comments: