Monday, September 03, 2018

Tiong Bahru Yi Sheng Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee, Singapore

Hokkien Mee

I finished a meeting nearby tonight and figured that I'd stop at ABC Brickworks on the way to the bus stop, especially since I remembered that there were some Michelin Bib Gourmand stalls in there. This one (6 Jalan Bukit Merah #01-13, 9862-9296) had a line so long that I waited nearly an hour for my food.

But it was delicious. Unlike most Hokkien mee places, these guys made it thick like a pasta sauce, but rooted in a savory prawn base. Yes, it was much better than Hong Heng, and was seriously one of the best things that I've eaten in a while. Biiiiig thumbs up.

1 comment:

financefoodie said...

if you like dry fried prawn mee full of seafood flavour, lard, mixed in with charcoal, you should head to

SWEE GUAN HOKKIEN MEE
5 Lorong 29 Geylang, Singapore 388060

k