Wednesday, September 26, 2018

China Chen in Downtown San Jose, California

Mi Sui Cao

I was in downtown San Jose today, which worked out wonderfully given the tip that I had gotten just the other day about this place (400 South Third Street, 408-294-2525). Located across the street from Dakao, this shop was started by Vietnamese refugees from Chợ Lớn, or Saigon's Chinatown. And one of their specialties was this bowl of shrimp wonton egg noodles.

It featured some impressively fresh and fragrant shrimp, as well as very firm and eggy noodles. But the broth was rather sweet; I had to unload like half the jalapeno jar on the table to help me get it down. It's too bad that they don't have the greater TK family's #2 bowl, but maybe next time I'll try the fried flour cakes. Thanks for the tip either way!

1 comment:

JadedOne said...

It's sooo good! I'm surprised you found the broth to be sweet. You have really specific tastes my friend :) Ah well.. it's fun seeing you try out places that I recommend throughout the years.