Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Famous Eunos Bak Chor Mee at Lucky Plaza, Singapore

Soup Bak Chor Mee

A former teammate once told me about a famous soup-based bak chor mee place in Bedok. I could never get myself over there, but fortunately one of their family members has set up a stall at the Asian Food Mall in the basement of Lucky Plaza (304 Orchard Road #B1-038).

I was surprised by how garlicky the soup was. Well, that's probably what made it unique, but I was hoping for something like Tai Hwa instead. This was so garlicky that it tasted more like bak kut teh. In that sense, I was put off by it.

That said, the noodles were nice and firm. And once I stopped thinking of it as bak chor mee, it was pretty good with its nicely delicate meat (maybe I should think of it more like bak kut teh ramen). But I still won't be getting it next time. Instead, I'm going for their dry fishball version.

No comments: