Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Keisuke's Bak Kut Teh Ramen

Keisuke's Bak Kut Teh Ramen

I wasn't intending to eat Keisuke's food two days in a row. And to be honest, the thought of bak kut teh ramen wasn't very appealing either. But yesterday I noticed a poster for a local movie coming out soon that interestingly features Keisuke's food, including this fusion dish, I assume. So I went over to his Suntec outlet today to check it out.

It was better than I thought it would be. It featured skinny Hakata-style noodles, like a slightly thicker mee sua. The pork was tender and fatty, and they even provided youtiao and chili padi to help cut through it all. In that sense, it was more bak kut teh than it was ramen, but the broth was also more earthy thanks to some grilled onions, if I tasted it correctly.

Perhaps the bigger surprise for me was the serving vessel: it was the same spherical bowl that he used to serve his lovely ebi ramen in. Seriously, I think the last time I'd seen one of these was before he so painfully took it off the menu almost eight years ago. Sigh, I really hope he brings it back.

Keisuke's Empty Bowl

No comments: