Saturday, February 03, 2018

Sapporo's Shirakaba Sansou at Hokkaido Marche, Singapore

Shio Ramen

Don Don Donki's new "Gourmet Hall" opened recently, so we went to go check it out today (181 Orchard Road #B2-11, 6634-0211). Seating was very limited, but we managed to snag a couple of spots in front of Shirakara Sansou, which seemed to be rather popular in Sapporo from I gathered online. I grabbed their shio ramen, which had a respectably savory broth and tasty chashu, but not so much that I'd get it again.

I would, however, be happy to come back to try their other items, including a shoyu ramen that looked even better, as well as another ramen shop called Ajisai that had an amazing-sounding "Pork Fat Noodle Soup." There are other stalls here doing soba, yakitori, and donburi, but I'm hitting the ramen shops first. Indeed, I even spotted Keisuke-san here this morning, presumably checking out his competition.

No comments: