Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Singgeulbeong Geulbogeo in Suwon, South Korea

Blowfish Stew

I'm not even sure if I got the name of this place above correctly or not (1262-1 Maetan-dong, 031-216-5007), but we needed a quick meal in between meetings down in Suwon today in the local team decided that blowfish would be a good idea. They brought out a battered version to start; it was fine, but if no one had told me that it was blowfish, I never would have known.

The main event, however, was that stew above. That picture is rather misleading because it looks clear. But there's actually a huge scoop of red chili paste underneath that turned this thing bright red. And it was sitting upon a huge bed of bean sprouts, which were eventually extracted and served on the side. It was a bit too tangy for my taste, but nonetheless was interesting to try for the first time.

No comments: