Thursday, September 28, 2017

Tarbush Restaurant in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Sayadiya Fish

I wasn't quite sure of what to get at this small pan-Middle Eastern chain in Malaysia, but the menu said that this dish was "emblematic," so I went for it. Not only was the fish fried delicately, but it came out on a bed of flavored rice, which was apparently cooked with fish stock and fried onions. More importantly, they provided a little cup of spicy red sauce reminiscent of that Yemeni salsa-like stuff, making me gobble this down with ease.

It was also interesting to find Barbican beer from Saudi Arabia here. There was no alcohol in it, making it taste a bit like soda, especially given that they only had flavored ones like lemon available. Nonetheless, I really wanted a beer after a long day so this was the next best thing that I could get at a restaurant that doesn't serve alcohol. The quality of the food here was better than I was expecting, and I'd be happy to come back.

No comments: