Friday, June 30, 2017

Kohaku's Katsudon Hanakatsu at Suntec City Mall

Hana Katsudon

It looks like the Kohaku folks converted their Agedoki extension into this place last week, serving katsudon (3 Temasek Boulevard #03-10, 6333-4386). In contrast to Agedoki's thick cuts of pork, these were thin and tender cuts of meat with a light breading, making it much better than I thought it would be. In fact, it arguably wasn't that different from the tendon next door except it featured breaded chicken and pork instead.

I wouldn't mind getting that again if I happened to be nearby. And as sacrilegious as it sounds, I'm willing to try the spicy option given how that the little tin of chili flakes on each table packed a surprising amount of heat (that's the non-spicy bowl above). I assume that they are using the same stuff in their spicy bowl, but perhaps done more nicely in the kitchen, even if it comes out looking a bit like Taiwanese yansuji in the process.

No comments: