Saturday, December 03, 2016

My First Taste of the Habit Burger Grill

The Original Charburger Combo

I'd heard about this chain from Santa Barbara for a while now (especially after Consumer Reports rated them the best fast food burger in America) but there was never an outlet nearby. Today we passed by one though, and thus stopped in for a taste. I got the original "charburger," and it was better than I thought it was going to be, with its flame-grilled patty and a borderline excessive (in a good way) amount of mayo slathered on it.

Still, I wasn't a big fan of the cheese. It was rich, but a bit too much, thus covering up the taste of the burger. And while it was great that they had a "chili bar" were you could grab a bunch of pickled pepperoncini, jalapeno, and yellow Sante Fe Grande peppers, they were all more sour than they were spicy. In that sense, I'd rather go to In-N-Out. It still can't beat Shake Shack either, but at least it's better than Five Guys.

No comments: