Tuesday, October 14, 2014

OMItonkatsu at Icon Village, Singapore

Tarakatsu

I was never a fan of that Kumo place, mainly because kaiseki just isn't my thing. So when I saw a new place go up in its spot (12 Gopeng Street #01-58, 6225-8433), I was kinda excited. Oohh...and it was a tonkatsu shop too!

When I got inside though, it looked exactly the same as Kumo. Yep - same owner, but a "new concept," as they put it. The menu was all tonkatsu. None of it really stuck out too much either until I saw cod on the menu. Cod, really? This I had to try.

It tasted just like how you'd expect it to taste: the taste of the cod was overshadowed a bit by the breading, but the quality of the ingredients was nonetheless good. I won't go out of my way for it again, but it was interesting to try.

No comments: