Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hayashi Rice from Kumo Sake & Whisky Bar

Hayashi Rice

I've been to Kumo at Icon Village once or twice in the past, but I never really thought much of it, especially since they serve kaiseki, something that I'm not really that fond of. But the other day, I was walking by when I realized that they had revamped that entire bar area outside and turned it into a little burger stand (12 Gopeng Street #01-47, 6225-8445).

The pork burger was fine, but I was more interested in something that I noticed afterwards: this hayashi rice, which I grabbed today. It looked like Japanese curry but was actually a demi-glace with ground beef, which was delicate enough that I wolfed it down in no time. It looks like these guys convert into an izakaya at night...I should come here after work one of these days to fuel up on some beer and snacks before going home.

No comments: