Friday, January 24, 2014

Sushi Mitsuya in Tanjong Pagar

Bara Chirashi

For some reason, I felt like indulging a bit for lunch today. Lolla came to mind, but I only made it halfway there, coming instead to this place (60 Tras Street #01-01, 6438-2608), a place that I'd been eyeing for a while now but kept getting deterred by its sky high prices. Still, I figured that I'd invoke my favorite tactic when it came to fine dining places that were too expensive to eat at: eating off of the lunch menu instead, which would be both cheaper and faster than a full-on dinner service.

Well, that's all relative of course. This bara chirashi was the cheapest item on the lunch menu, and it was still a whopping S$50 (US$39). But everything was of course of very high quality, including not just the delicate cuts of tamago that he tossed in here, but even the little amuse-bouches that preceded it. Now, this was definitely too expensive to eat regularly. But this little counter shop admittedly was rather fun, reminding me a bit of places like Sasa or Mizutani. Hopefully someone else can pay next time!

No comments: