Friday, July 26, 2013

Sanji-Style White Sesame Chicken Tan-Tan Noodle

Sanji-Style White Sesame Chicken Tan-Tan Noodle

So yes, this was my second bowl of ramen today, as I wanted to try a special that they had advertised at Menya Sanji across the street. It was just tantanmen, but how could I resist when the copy featured phrases like "very hot," "prickly ash," and "spicy but tasteful tare"?? Hopefully they used enough sansho to make it like the black bowl at Keisuke around the corner.

Unfortunately, they didn't (and yes, that huge pile of shredded negi on top immediately made me panic about how much I'd f*ckin' reek when I got back to the office!). Sure, there were a few peppercorns at the bottom, and it was all edible enough in Sanji-level quality for me to finish off completely. But given a choice, I'd much rather go for some proper Chinese dan dan mian instead.

No comments: