Friday, July 26, 2013

Ramen Cuisine Kiseki in Tanjong Pagar

Kiseki Original Tonkotsu Ramen

Not to be confused with Keisuke just across the street at the Orchid Hotel...nor for that matter, Kiseki the Japanese buffet over at Orchard Central, this is a new shop that was apparently setup by a former Suzuki guy (7 Tanjong Pagar Plaza #01-104B, 6538-3715). He used the same paper ordering form system as both Suzuki and Keisuke, making me wonder a bit if he was using what seemed to be the same strategy as Five Star Chicken Rice by opening a shop just a few doors down from Boon Tong Kee to catch the overflow of customers waiting in line at its more popular rival.

Anyway, I got this "original" bowl from Kiseki, whose broth was acceptable, and the chashu was interesting in that it was sliced paper thin. But I didn't care for the noodles, and admittedly there was nothing so mindblowing about this bowl that I will get cravings for this again. Sanji or Keisuke Tonkotsu King will still be my preference in this neighborhood, although maybe I'll come back here one day to see if the spicy version stands up a bit better to my picky tastes.

No comments: