Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ebizo Kushi Teppan at the Gallery Hotel

Negima

I'd been looking forward to coming here for a while now (1 Nanson Road #02-01, 6887-5521), as this was a shop from Nagoya that had recently setup shop here in Singapore. Tonight, I finally had the chance to come down here, and I was surprised to find that it was more commercialized than I had thought it would be. That meant that it wasn't as good as Shirokane Tori-Tama, but it was definitely better than many other places around, even if surprisingly their list of specials was very limited.

More importantly, I finally realized that the "salted cabbage salad" that I liked so much from Magosaburou is called yamitsuki kyabetsu, which I gobbled down here too, followed up by a few drinks at Bar 84 afterwards. The magician wasn't in yet, but I loved the fresh herbs that the bartender used. Note to self: Ebizo is open until 1 AM on weekdays and 3 AM on weekends, which might come in handy one day for a (relatively pricey) late night snack.

No comments: