Monday, April 29, 2013

Ozaki Wagyu Menchi-Katsu at 81 Duxton

Menchi-Katsu Burger

I wasn't expecting my lunch to look like this. OK, sure, they called it a Burger Set on the menu, but since I ordered the menchi-katsu option, I thought that they meant hanbaagu rather than hanbaagaa (i.e., Hamburg Steak rather than hamburger). So I was a bit surprised to see it put on this gigantic bun, complete with ketchup, mustard, and even dragon breath-inducing raw onions. Either way, it was hot, tender, and tasty enough that I wolfed it down in seconds.

So yes, I guess I'm still talking about burgers in Tanjong Pagar, but that's not why I came here today (81 Duxton Road, 6225-4381). I came here because the sign read "Farmers, Butchers, Fishers [sic]," which naturally got me curious. When I looked it up, it turned out to be not only an extension of the Berjaya Hotel, but also a shop that specialized in Ozaki wagyu. Normally they do full cuts of meat running into triple digit price tags, but I took the budget route and went for the minced option.

No comments: