Sunday, July 08, 2012

Menya Aoyama Has Opened in Singapore

Tonkotsu Ramen

It looks like Ramen Champion over at Bugis+ added a new tenant last week: Menya Aoyama. My hopes were high, as the photos on the menu showed some fantastic-looking chashu.

So I was pretty let down to find that the pork was rather lifeless upon delivery, with hardly a char mark to be seen. Fortunately, the tonkotsu broth was fine, but I couldn't help but wonder if this was different from the way that this shop does it in its hometown of Narita.

Actually, it's not completely correct to say that they added a new tenant. These guys basically took over Tetsu's old spot, which is a bit of a disappointment considering that they were arguably the most unique of the bunch there. I wonder why they left.

3 comments:

FoodieFC said...

Tetsu left!?

My guess is the crowd is not going there. The hype die down with in 3 months of its opening. And its now so easy to find seats there.

Blah Blah Prestige said...

I was very sad when I was there yesterday to find out that Tetsu has left! The dipping noodles from other stores are no where closed to Tetsu's! I've written to the Management where they've moved to and how to find them :)

Floyd said...

I asked the guy running Tetsu 2 days b4 they quit the spot, and it seems like the cost of rental was the issue.