Monday, May 10, 2010

Shin-Sapporo Ramen, Suntec City Mall

Shin-Sapporo Miso Ramen

I was already on my way down to Keisuke at PARCO Marina Bay when I got this very timely tip to head over to Suntec instead to try out this new place (3 Temasek Boulevard #01-223, 6836-3538). I was pretty disappointed when I got there; based on appearances alone, it looked like the food might be as bad as Great World City's Black Ramen.

So I don't know if it was because my expectations were set so low, but this was a lot better than I thought it would be, with surprisingly springy noodles and a broth that I drank down to the last drop. The service was prompt, and they even had those little mini cans of beer, which was all I really wanted on a Monday night.

Normally I might say that I would come here again if I happened to be in the area (shopping at Carrefour, perhaps?), but the problem is that Keisuke Tokyo isn't that far away, and I'd much rather go there, even if many around here disagree with me. Besides, the gyoza at this shop were depressingly soggy.

2 comments:

Shin--Sapporo Ramen said...

Hi The Travelling Hungryboy,

Thanks for making a trip down to try our ramen.

We are sorry for the soggy Gyoza on your previous visit.I had checked with the kitchen and identified the problem.

We had recitified the issue and sincerely like to invite you for a meal with our improvised gyoza. Please look for me, Mr. Chiam on your next visit. I will be glad to serve you personally.

Hope to see you soon!

Regards
Mr. Chiam
Co-founder
Shin-Sapporo Ramen

shino tsuchi said...

I agree with hungryboy's appreciation. Fortunately I just had the house ramen. Only one thing bothered (and stuck in the deep recesses of my brain) me was the background jPop music with its killer infinite loop! May I know what was the title of that jingle?