Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yan Kee, BK Eating House, Boat Quay

Bak Chor Mee

Whoa - that was much better than I thought it would be. After another rough night in the office, it was a good time to check out that late night bak chor mee place that I had heard about (21 South Bridge Road). I figured that a 24 hour shop had to be more focused on convenience than food, but I was wrong. It ended up tasting good as well, with a salty chili sauce, tasty meatballs, and noodles that were cooked just right. Of course it wasn't as good as Tai Wah, but Tai Wah isn't exactly open 24 hours either.

4 comments:

Pete said...

Yummy Bak Chor Mee, great with chilli sauce!

Anonymous said...

Tried this about an hour ago. 10 min wait.

This is pretty good and I'm gonna put it on my to-come-back-again list. I noticed some ikan bilis heads in the noodles which added to the flavour.

Anonymous said...

I just simply lobe the Bak Chor mee over here as i have a pub along the street. I have to eat it everynight before sleep. But its seem that only the young and fatty boss can do it well, had tried the noodle by other cooks and its just doesn't taste right. worst of all is the lady cook when i goes during lunch, so wet and horrible. Therefore you do needs to go and the right time to get the right person to do the job.

Anonymous said...

try their dry mee sua next time. im not a fan of mee sua but their dry mee sua damn nice. its their speciality. oh i feel like having now. arghhh