Friday, July 11, 2008

Breakfast at Hobee's California Restaurants

The BDBIT

The full name of this place is Hobee's California Restaurants, although that doesn't necessarily mean that they are all across the state. In fact, they aren't even across all of NorCal. But they do run multiple locations across Silicon Valley, and I usually associate it with breakfast. I haven't been here in a while, so it was good to come down here to kick off our day.

I ordered what they boldly called BDBIT, or "the Best Darn Breakfast in Town," which could include their famous blueberry coffeecake should you so chose. Contrary to how it sounded, this was not coffee-flavored, but rather was made to complement a cup of coffee. Their version was a bit crumbly, but the thing that made it work was the crusty brown sugar and whipped butter on top. This plate also featured what they called "country-style" hashbrowns. I'm not quite sure of what that meant specifically, but what came out were some chunks of grilled potatoes, if borderline scorched.

The Best Darn Breakfast in Town? I don't know if I'd go that far...some form of pork-based product (a requirement to even qualify for that title in my opinion) was glaringly missing from this ensemble. It's probably a bit hard to beat the funkiness of Buck's of Woodside too. But there was nothing bad about this plate, as it did satiate the basic needs of a solid breakfast today. I don't know how the rest of the menu fares though, as this is all I order when I come here.

No comments: