Sunday, September 23, 2007

Breakfast at Buck's of Woodside

Woodsider Omelette

Buck's is a fun, quirkily-decorated place tucked away in the quiet town of Woodside (3062 Woodside Road, 650-851-8010) where apparently many technology deals have been made due to its proximity to the venture capitalists in the area. I haven't been here in ages, but since I was in the neighborhood this morning, I figured that I'd head over and grab some breakfast before heading to the airport.

I ended up getting the aptly-named Woodsider omelette, which featured artichoke hearts, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, a touch of jack cheese, and a slice of avocado on top. After all of that artery-clogging food over the past week, this (and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice) was light enough to help clear the conscience...and I didn't even get the cholesterol-free egg option here. Add that to the fact that I was driving a (rented) Prius to wind down the small two-lane wooded road among all the bicycles, and this has got to be one of the most guilt-free times that I've had in a while.

No comments: