Sunday, November 01, 2020

King of Pao Fan on Queen Street in Singapore

Duo Style Pao Fan

I love Chao Ting, but I haven't been there as much as I'd like, as its operating hours are very limited. And surprisingly, Teochew pao fan is not easy to find around here. So I was delighted to hear that there was a new coffeeshop stall that sells the stuff (269B Queen Street #01-237 Stall 4).

I ate the bowl pretty quickly. The broth was silky and savory, and they loaded it up with lots of crispy rice to keep it exciting. The fish wasn't as good as Chao Ting, and oddly they didn't garnish with any cilantro here either. So while I still prefer Chao Ting, this place is much more accessible, which means that I'll be coming back.

Note though that several online sources oddly said that it was located at Waterloo Centre, which sent me in circles for a while, as Google Maps has Waterloo Centre one block south of this place. It might be more effective to set your destination to the Cheng Yan Court HDB blocks just west of Bugis+.

No comments: