Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Barcelona's Pura Brasa at Tanjong Pagar Centre in Singapore

Sunny side up egg with chistorra sausage and grilled green asparagus with romesco sauce

With the exception of places like the now-defunct Santi, I generally haven't enjoyed Spanish food outside of Spain. So I was a bit wary when approaching this place (5 Wallich Street #01-16, 6386-9678), especially upon seeing things like burgers and pastas (eek!) on their lunch menu. Nonetheless, this was a chain from Barcelona, and apparently by the Josper oven people too, so I held by breath and hoped for the best.

It was better than I thought it would be, with that asparagus on the right being not just tender but also grilled and seasoned just right with olive oil and salt flakes. The eggs and sausage on the left helped provide some heft too. To be sure, I had very low expectations going in, and it wasn't so good that I'd come running back either, especially at such prices. But I am curious about how their paella fares.

No comments: