Friday, March 03, 2017

El Quim de la Boquería in Barcelona, Spain

Two Fried Eggs with Baby Squid

Oh man, that was honestly one of the best things I've ever eaten. And the beauty of it was how simple it was: just eggs done over easy, topped with "the freshest baby squid in the Mediterranean sea," and seasoned with a hint of garlic and dried chili peppers. I was grinning from ear to ear, mopping up all of that runny egg yolk and squid ink with some crusty bread, all washed down by a couple of draft beers at 8 AM!

Yes, I made sure that I came to this stand at Mercat de la Boqueria right when they opened at 8 AM so that I wouldn't have to wait in line (91 La Rambla, +34-933-019-810). Seriously, this is what a real breakfast should be. Next time I want to try some of those beautiful-looking artichokes, langoustines, and wild mushrooms that I saw in the glass case.

No comments: