Saturday, October 29, 2016

Legendary Hong Kong at Jurong Point 2's "Mongkok"

Mongkok at Jurong Point

I must've been living under a rock for the past two years, as we only discovered this faux "Mongkok" floor at Jurong Point 2 today. Yep, it's made to look like the streets of Kowloon, although there didn't really seem to be that many stores that suggested that they were from Hong Kong. The only exception was the restaurant in the center: Legendary Hong Kong (63 Jurong West Central 3 #03-80, 6794-1335).

Beef Chow Fun

If anything, it was decorated exactly like a shop in Hong Kong would be, with its metal chairs, hard booths, self-ordering menu sheets, and glass-covered tables. They also had little tubs of that critical Cantonese chili seed oil that I always look for when I get beef chow fun. The food fortunately stood up to the test too, with a nice smoky aroma coming from that plate above. It was a bit too heavy on the soy sauce and I wish that the noodles were thicker, but it was still better than anywhere around here.

Rice Rolls

Yes, this place is worth coming back to again, if anything just to explore the rest of that super long menu. And it was only on my way out that I noticed that they import ducks from Ireland, a la the Bayswater duck place Four Seasons, not to mention the recent knockoffs London Fat Duck and (that nasty) Royal London Duck. I think I know what I'm going to get next time I'm out here.

No comments: