Monday, August 01, 2016

Nigiro Cafe at Eat at Seven in Singapore

Today's Lunch Set

Surprise: I didn't go to Japan Food Town for lunch today. Instead, I went to another cluster of Japanese restaurants: Eat at Seven at Suntec City, as I had never tried this "Italian" place before (3 Temasek Boulevard #03-315, 6238-1669). Actually, it's Japanese-Italian, run by an Iron Chef contestant...and only when I looked it up just now did I realize that he also runs Nikunohi right next to it.

Despite all of the Italian decor and appearance, it really was Japanese food. Look at today's lunch special above, featuring tonkatsu, Hokkaido rice, and tempura including some lovely slices of eringi mushroom. The portions were generous, and the kitchen's respect for ingredients showed in the food. Now, I wouldn't go out of my way for it, but I might come back to try the mentaiko supagetti one day.

No comments: