Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Hiroshima's Yosuke Tanaka on United Airlines

United Japanese

Normally I pass on Japanese meals on United. But today's menu said that the Japanese meal was created by a Michelin-starred chef from Hiroshima. I thus ordered one of those, and thankfully, it was light years ahead of what United used to serve.

Sure, there were a few oddities in there, like a tsukune skewer that was served cold (did the flight attendants forget to heat it up?). But I loved the paper-wrapped fish above, as well as a starter involving a rich fish liver (if I tasted it correctly) paired with some ponzu jelly and chives. Yum...I'd easily get that again.

Tonkotsu Ramen

BTW, the ANA Lounge at Narita now serves tonkotsu ramen. I'm not sure if it came from a big name shop or not, but it was pretty good. I slurped this tiny bowl up in an instant and nearly went back for seconds before scrambling to the gate to board my flight.

No comments: